How can you ever explain to someone about sleep deprivation if they have never experienced it. It’s a killer all right. I was thinking about this subject when I was awake this morning at 3am with my 1 year old baby who was thinking it was time to parteeeee. How much sleep deprivation can one person take? I’ve calculated it and I’ve decided it’s been approximately 13 months since I’ve had a full night sleep, well actually 396 days and 2 hours 😉 That’s not including my pregnancy.
Have you ever tried to explain lack of sleep to your husband/partner? I have but I don’t think he gets it, oh he tries to understand and he is an amazing support but I don’t think he gets it completely. No fault of his own, its just if you haven’t had to live it, its hard to get your head around.
But at the end of the day, when I’m exhausted on top of exhausted I look at that precious wee baby face and it makes it all worth it…….
Things that have helped me
- Get up and get moving – A shower always helps me to wakes up. If I feel sluggish this helps alot.
- Walk, walk – Exercise even if it’s around the block
- Coffee, coffee …lol … Even if it’s a walk to the Cafe 🙂
- Have a wee nap during the day and DON’T feel guilty, that washing can wait.
- But MOST of all try to enjoy this time as much as possible, because it will be over before you know it and your baby will be a toddler.
“I don’t want to sleep like a baby. I just want to sleep like my husband”